Ministries / Counties Functions
ICT departments in counties and ministries have been designated as the implementation and operational focal points for the e-Government Strategy with the major role of ensuring effective automation of Government services at all levels through the implementation of appropriate projects in line with the overall national strategy and based on the ICT maturity level of the respective ministry. Each ICT department is responsible for relevant ICT project implementation, user training and technical support services, taking into account the mandate of each ministry and county. All projects implemented at the county and ministry level shall follow the agreed government standards for development, maintenance and integration of systems within the GoK ICT strategic framework. Specific duties and responsibilities of these departments include to:-
- Appreciate, disseminate and implement the GoK e-Government strategy.
- Develop ICT strategic, work and project plans for the ministry / county.
- Contextualize, disseminate and implement the e-Government ICT policy.
- Act as a Secretariat to the Ministerial or county e-Government Steering Committee.
- Implement ICT projects based on the national e-Government strategy, the ICT maturity level of the respective county / ministry, and in accordance with the published standards relating to the management of ICT projects in GoK.
- Provide technical and operational support for systems and infrastructure including networks, websites, email systems, databases and applications
- Provide ICT technical user support and training
- Identify ways in which the GoK can more effectively and efficiently deliver services to the citizens using ICT and propose appropriate interventions,
- Monitor, coordinate and advise on issues pertaining to electronic business, telecommunications and technology,
- Participate in the development, analysis and evaluation of Government wide technology issues, policies and legislations.